We offer a daily lunch program, the cost of which is included in annual tuition fees.
We partner with Flik Dining, one of the leading food service providers to independent schools in the United States. Flik's chef manager works with us and our students to plan menus, including vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, and international fare. Daily entrees, soups, salad and sandwich bars, and fresh fruits ensure something for everyone every day.
Robust recycling and composting programs and targets to annually increase the amount of local and organic foods used ensure that we are meeting the Sustainability Guidelines as set forth by the Board of Trustees. We work with Flik to identify and grow herbs and vegetables to use in our lunch program, and the salad bar often features produce grown on campus.
Flik maintains a Sonoma Academy Dining Program website with information about monthly menu themes, the weekly menu, staff contact information, and so on. Additionally, there is a dining app where the weekly menu may be viewed.Vist the website
- Daily food offerings include: hot entree and side dishes, two types of soup, two special salads in addition to a daily salad and sandwich bar, fruit, and desserts. There are always vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free/dairy-free menu items
- Nut-aware facility, meaning we do not prepare foods with nuts or any nut-containing ingredients
- We prepare our foods from whole fresh ingredients, limiting the use of processed foods and avoiding products containing artificial colors, flavorings, MSG, preservatives, and high levels of sodium
- We feature organic, local and Fair Trade fruits and vegetables as availability and pricing allows
- We serve rBGH and Antibiotic-Free Milk. The milk is produced at farms that do not inject cows with the growth hormone rBGH (recombinant bovine growth hormone).
- We use only biodegradable paper products.
- Our eggs are always from cage-free hens.