Lisa Zavieh, Sean Freese, Concentration Advisors
- Chemistry (any level)
- Physics (any level)
Courses that fulfill this concentration are listed below (not all are available in the current academic year). Students must take a minimum of two of the following courses:
- Intro to Engineering
- Intro to Programming
- Intro to Robotics
- AP Computer Science Principles OR* AS Computer Programming
- Anatomy and Physiology OR* Genetics
- AS Geology & Earth Science
- AS Environmental Science
- AP Statistics
- Select one STEM themed Intersession course or a summer research/internship position approved by the STEM concentration advisor(s).
- Participate in, or develop, in consultation with the Director of Connections and the STEM concentration advisor, a STEM or STEM education-themed Connections program for the duration of junior year. Or, students may assist a faculty member in designing and offering a STEM-themed exploratory course.
- Propose and complete a capstone project. Proposals are to be presented to and approved by a committee of the STEM concentration advisor and two additional faculty members or administrators.
- Once approved, the capstone project may be completed as an independent study, or as part of a culminating summer research program. In both instances, the results of the capstone project are to be presented to the community in a manner to be developed with the STEM concentration advisor.